[CMake] CPack install directory

Raphael Cotty raphael.cotty at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 18 13:01:38 EST 2007

Hi,
The first issue is that the debian packager is inserting a "usr" directory:

If my CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX is "/dev/install" and in my CMakeLists.txt I
have:
INSTALL( FILES foo DESTINATION "etc" ) then the make install will copy foo
to "/dev/install/etc".

Then the DEB packaging will create a debian package which will install foo
in "/usr/etc/".

This is done in CPack/cmCPackDebGenerator.cxx, as I tried to explain in the

I hope this is a bit clearer!

Raphael