[CMake] Re: community swelling due to standard languages

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 03:04:42 EST 2007

On Dec 18, 2007 2:21 AM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:
> Reading http://blog.aslakhellesoy.com/tags/jruby/ I get the impression
> that the Ruby + Java universe has a *lot* of developers banging on
> things.
>
> Maybe it wouldn't all be good!  :-)  Maybe too many cooks spoil the
> broth and one ends up with community schisms on build tool approaches.

Or maybe they join forces.

http://blog.foemmel.com/jrake
"JRake and Raven

Jan 29, 2007

Just a quick note to let everyone know that Matthieu Riou (creator of
Raven) and I have decide to join forces, and are currently in the
process of merging the JRake and Raven codebases. The work is being
done in the Raven repository over at Rubyforge, for those of you who
would like to follow along. The combined effort will eventually become
Raven 2.0."

Coming Next In Raven
http://offthelip.org/?p=45

I don't know quite what to make of it, personally.  Other than it's
worth watching what these guys are up to.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every