[CMake] OO and/or IDEs

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 23:27:51 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 11:02 PM, Brandon Van Every <bvanevery at gmail.com> wrote:

> I guess you have no fear of a Disruptive Technology biting you in the ass.
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disruptive_technology
> I prefer to keep my eye on the 8-ball.
> http://web.ics.purdue.edu/~ssanty/cgi-bin/eightball.cgi

Related to "Disruptive Technology" is Kuhn's concept of a "Paradigm
Shift."  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradigm_shift  I find the
following passage compelling with respect to "young bucks," who
haven't necessarily grown up with "crappy" make tools, plain C, or
even C++.

"Sometimes the convincing force is just time itself and the human toll
it takes, Kuhn said, using a quote from Max Planck: "a new scientific
truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see
the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new
generation grows up that is familiar with it.""

Technology generations in computerdom are capable of being exceedingly
long or exceedingly short.  It really depends.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every