[CMake] Waf build tool

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 21:55:42 EST 2007

I took a close look to Waf some months ago while searching for the ideal
build tool for the projects I had to port. I used to talk a lot with the
author and found out that the Waf build system isn't superior at all to
other alternatives like CMake. Also, the author just don't care about other
OS than Linux (that is partly why KDE haven't made the switch to Waf). In
continuation with this idea, the MSVC support is very (very) poor. Also, the
author isn't very mind opened (to new ideas). And he don't like CMake ;).

The author might have good ideas although but I don't like the way it is
implemented.

Regards,
Félix C. Morency