[CMake] map structure on cmake script

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 14:50:42 EST 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 2:29 PM, Rodolfo Schulz de Lima <rodolfo at rodsoft.org> wrote:
> A workaround would be
> computing a hash from the string and using it as a key, but once again,
> it'd be a pain in the *** to do it in cmake script.

I wouldn't shy away from trying it though.  I wrote a "regex negation
operator" in CMake script to work around CMake's limitations.  The
algorithm for negation construction had some complications, but it
wasn't rocket science.  The code wasn't that long in the scheme of
things, and the speed was just fine.  You might not expect acceptable
performance from a mere scripting language, but on a 2 GHz machine it
mostly doesn't matter.  I've also been surprised at how many regexes I
can throw at a variable over and over and over again, without
degrading performance too badly.  You can use a "homebrew" hash as a
prototypical basis for a more official CMake capability someday.  In
my case, because I wrote the "regex negation operator" and other
string handling extensions, I have a pretty good idea what a
PCRE-based regex interface should look like.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every