[CMake] PRE_BUILD custom commands don't appear to be working....

Josef Karthauser joe.karthauser at geomerics.com
Mon Dec 17 04:00:28 EST 2007

I'm going to try that today.

From: David Cole [mailto:david.cole at kitware.com]
Sent: 14 December 2007 18:18
To: Bill Hoffman
Cc: Josef Karthauser; cmake at cmake.org
Subject: Re: [CMake] PRE_BUILD custom commands don't appear to be
working....

But you should be able to put your custom command in its own custom
target and then use ADD_DEPENDENCIES to make the custom target build
*before* any build steps for the library...

Have you tried that?

HTH,

David

On 12/14/07, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

Josef Karthauser wrote:
> I don't suppose anyone had any thought on this one did they?

http://www.cmake.org/HTML/Documentation.html

ADD_CUSTOM_COMMAND: Add a custom build rule to the generated build
system.
Note that the PRE_BUILD option is only supported on Visual Studio 7 or
later. For all other generators PRE_BUILD will be treated as PRE_LINK.

We have tried, and this is next to impossible to do with a makefile,
sorry...

-Bill