[CMake] Re: CMake script vs. Lua

Rodolfo Schulz de Lima rodolfo at rodsoft.org
Fri Dec 14 15:27:23 EST 2007

Joshua Jensen escreveu:
> Brandon asked me a short while ago to post a response I had made to a
> thread on Sweng-Gamedev.  I don't post this to fan flames or to even
> form an opinion.  It is just my experience in the matter.

What is written in the response is quite like what I feel when using
CMake, i.e, someday I will need something that CMake won't be able to
do. But the answer is within the problem: look for another build system.
Ah the wonders of open source... why not create a LuaMake (better name
is welcome)? Can be a fork of CMake, I don't know. It is clear that
CMake won't support Lua (and it's right to do so, because of backwards
compatibility), so a fork is the only viable option.

Regards,
rod