[CMake] What's happening to CMake ??? Please help !!!

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Thu Dec 13 13:14:45 EST 2007

Cem DEMiRKIR wrote:
> No, David, it still continues producing the same error as before. I've
> changed the Bin directory to D:\Test and it still produces the error.

Run cmake from the command line with --debug-trycompile.  Then go into
CMakeTmp and look at the project that is created, and try to build it
and see why the files are not being created.

One odd thing, is this:
"Z:\Libraries\Insight\bin/CMakeTmp/cmTryCompileExec.exe

I would think that it should be looking in CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp.  Can you
give the exact commands you are running?  Also, a very good thing to try
would be a very simple cmake project.

Create a CMakeLists.txt file with this:
add_library(foo foo.c)

Also create an empty foo.c file.  Then run cmake on that.  Does it work?

-Bill