[CMake] Re: Multiple configurations in a single target?

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 11:52:35 EST 2007

Sylvain Benner wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> A single VS .vcproj file can have both debug and release configurations.
>> How can I produce that sort of project file with CMake?
>> Would calling CMake twice, setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE differently each
>> time, do the magic?
> Hi,
>
> I don't understand your question, by default CMake generates .vcproj
> files with the following configurations:
> Debug;Release;MinSizeRel;RelWithDebInfo
> So you don't have to do anything to get them into your Visual Studio
> project.

Ha OK, I missed that because I read here that CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE had to be set
by the user, so I just assumed it would produce only one configuration
depending on that.

Well, the real question now then: to have each configuration has its own
properties, like target name, definitions and dependecies, I just need to
switch on CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE?

TIA

--
Fernando Cacciola