[CMake] question about "clock skew detected. Your build may be incomplete"

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Fri Dec 7 21:11:38 EST 2007

On 2007-12-08 06:16+0800 WangPing wrote:

> Dear cmake experts: I am a new user for ITK and cmake.  Today I downloaded
ITK and cmake and followed the instruction to build ITK, when I finannly run
'make', it always gave many warning message as below: clock skew detected.
Your build may be incomplete I do not know if my ITK will have problem.
After the ITK is done, I tried to build the HelloWorld.cxx from the ITK
instruction, it still gave the "clock skew detected.  Your build may be
incomplete" message, but finally the HelloWorld application was produced.
When I typied ./HelloWorld, it showed: ITK Hello World!  no anything else.
Is there anybody could tell me if my itk has problem? How to get rid of the
warning message "clock skew detected.  Your build may be incomplete"?

That warning message usually means your date/time is grossly incorrect.  For
example, one guy's message I found with google got the message when the date
on his computer was 3 years (!) wrong.

Does the "date" command give you a reasonable date/time?

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

(lbproject.sf.net).