[CMake] FindwxWidgets and wxpng

James Bigler bigler at cs.utah.edu
Thu Dec 6 17:05:22 EST 2007

James Bigler wrote:
> In windows it looks for the library path by looking for the wxpng library:
>
>       FIND_PATH(wxWidgets_LIB_DIR
>         NAMES wxpng.lib wxpngd.lib
>         PATHS
>         ${WX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/vc_lib   # prefer static
>         ${WX_ROOT_DIR}/lib/vc_dll
>         DOC "Path to wxWidgets libraries?"
>         NO_DEFAULT_PATH
>         )
>
> There's nothing in the documentation that states I have to have compiled
> wxpng for this to work.  It seems like it should be using at least one
> of the libraries that I asked it to look for (which didn't include
> wxpng), such as base or core or mono.
>
> I'm using cmake 2.4.7 on win XP with wxWidgets 2.8.7.

In addition, it looks like I have to have these libraries:

   #useful common wx libs needed by almost all components
    SET(wxWidgets_COMMON_LIBRARIES  png tiff jpeg zlib regex expat)

So, if I didn't ask for them, whey are they required?

         # Always add the common required libs.
         LIST(APPEND wxWidgets_USE_LIBS ${wxWidgets_COMMON_LIBRARIES} )

The unix version doesn't require these libraries, so why does the
windows one require them?

James