[CMake] Generating makefile from Visual Studio Project (Migrating to Eclipse)

Olumide 50295 at web.de
Thu Dec 6 16:34:04 EST 2007

> The command prompt can be found from your start menu: Start Menu -> All
> Programs -> Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 -> Visual Studio Tools ->
> Visual Studio 2005 Command Prompt.
>
> This will give you a regular windows command prompt with all environment
> variables set up in order for you to be able to run the command-line
> studio tools (cl, nmake, vcbuild, etc.)

Thanks.

I've started the visual studio (.NET 2003) command prompt as you
described and typed the commands

cmake -G"Unix Makefiles" C:\Work\Demo\TestTexturePlugin
cmake -G"NMake Makefiles" C:\Work\Demo\TestTexturePlugin

in it, but I still got the errors:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to
select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly. Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly. Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files/Common
Files/System/Mapi/1033/CMakeFiles/CMakeCCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module file:C:/Program Files/Common
Files/System/Mapi/1033/CMakeFiles/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_C_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
CMake Error: CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
-- Configuring done

and

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to
"NMake Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to s