[CMake] library name selection based on build target

Theodore Omtzigt theo at stillwater-sc.com
Thu Dec 6 16:29:22 EST 2007

I am using a library naming convention that shows which type of run-time it
selects on windows. Specifically, a debug target would get a version name
like systemc-v2.2.0-mdd.lib, and a release target would be
systemc-v2.2.0-mdr.lib, to disambiguate multi-threaded, DLL, Debug/Release
versions.

Now, of course, I have the problem that I need to build a library name based
on the build target. I am trying to do this via a SYSTEMCConfig.cmake file,
but can't find a mechanism that runs at compile time to select the right
library name.

How is this typically done?

Theo