[CMake] Problem with 'mpi.mod.stamp' fake file

Baptiste Derongs baptiste.derongs at gmail.com
Thu Dec 6 05:02:00 EST 2007

Hello all,

Sometines cmake needs to create a fake mpi.mod.stamp file cause it's
required by some binaries. It works well in a single directory, but I
encouter a problem in a source tree.

Here is my source tree :

Root
- Folder1.1
-- Some subfolders
- Folder1.2
-- Folder 1.2.1
--- <My library>
-- Folder 1.2.2

So the problem appends when I try to ADD_LIBRARY the library in Folder
1.2.1. I run this command in the Folder1.2.1/CMakeLists.txt. Cmake
creates an mpi.mod.stamp file in the Folder1.2.1 of binary tree, but
Makefile is still looking for it.
The solution I found is to create a new fake mpi.mod.stamp file in the
Root directory and now build works.
Perhaps the file needs to be created where we tell that the project is
in Fortran. I did that in the root CMakeLists.txt, by PROJECT(Name
Fortran C)

My system is Linux, and the library is in Fortran90.

Baptiste Derongs