[CMake] cmake 2.4.8 RC 4

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Dec 5 17:13:39 EST 2007

I have a beta release for 2.4.8 ready for cmake.  This will be the last
release of the 2.4.X branch.  The next release will be 2.6.0.  So,
please make sure you test it if you are interested in a 2.4.8.  Send any
issues to me or the cmake list.  Thanks.

The files can be found here:

http://www.cmake.org/files/v2.4/*RC-4*

The changes from 2.4.7 are as follows:

Changes in CMake 2.4.8 RC 4
* fix for cpack and messing up PATH with NSIS
Changes in CMake 2.4.8 RC 3
* fix for bug 5363: GET_TARGET_PROPERTY(... DEBUG_LOCATION)
   returns value containing $(OutDir)
* Better error from ctest if nightly time not set
* Fix for exception handling flags in VS 2003 and up
* Avoid relinking exclude-from-all directory targets before install
Changes in CMake 2.4.8 RC 2
* fix for bug 5590 relative paths in windows not working across drives
* fix warning/error with TAR_VERBOSE flag
Changes in CMake 2.4.8 RC 1
* Fix for kde4-config location
* Fix for self extracting .sh files on solaris
* Remove KDE3_ENABLE_FINAL (did not work)
* KDE3 fix for 64 bit location of plugins
* mark PYTHON_EXECUTABLE as advanced
* Fix for version numbers on NetBSD
* Add more search directories (install prefix and cmake location)
* include WindowsPaths in Windows.cmake not just Windows-cl.cmake
* documentation fix for file, find_package, try_run
* add IS_ABSOLUTE to if
* INSTALL() everything which doesn't have a COMPONENT set, is assigned
   to the COMPONENT "Unspecified"
* make #cmakedefine output match autoconf when undefined
* document cmake remove -f
* document order of -D and -P
* add support for DragonFly and GNU hurd
* fix for fortran depends doing too many scans