[CMake] Windows ifort problems, possible bug

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Tue Dec 4 12:59:17 EST 2007

Hi,

Thank you Alan.
I have reduced the problem to a simpler one. I tend to think that is a bug.
It may be connected with the one found by Daniel Dunalvy.

If I create a fortran project with a single file. It compiles, links and
everything is ok.
I have checked with nmake and Visual Studio 8 2005 generators
When I create a fortran project with two files it fails for both generators
with:
Visual studio
Error	1	error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Building
Fortran object test.obj"	hello

PS C:\Users\Alin M Elena\testFortran> nmake

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.50727.762

Scanning dependencies of target hello
[ 50%] Building Fortran object CMakeFiles/hello.dir/constants.obj
'touch' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: 'touch' : return code '0x1'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.
NMAKE : fatal error U1077: '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio
8\VC\BIN\nmake.exe"' : return code '0x2'
Stop.

If I compile and link by hand in shell everything is ok.

Here is the listing of the files.

CMakeLists.txt

Project(hello Fortran)
add_executable(hello
constants.f90
test.f90)

test.f90
program test
use m_constants
implicit none
print *,one
print *, "hello world"
end program test

constants.f90
module m_constants
implicit none
private
integer, parameter, public :: one=1

end module m_constants

"...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast