FW: [CMake] Rediscovering the compiler.

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 10:37:07 EST 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 4:24 AM, Josef Karthauser <joe.karthauser at geomerics.com> wrote:

> p.s. none of this explains why the compilers needed to be changed
> without rebuilding! :)  That's an entirely separate issue to do with the
> fact that we made a transition of put putting the compilers and SDK
> headers and libraries into our source repository (SVN) and I wanted to
> get the developers build trees to transparently reconfigure without
> unnecessarily blowing away their pre-built trees and forcing them to
> individually recompile everything - a sizable amount of unnecessary
> waiting time for a large team of developers approaching a deadline!

This doesn't explain it either.  Sounds like at most, you might need
to call an independent instance of CMake in a subdirectory:

  add_custom_target(compiler_whatever_build
    WORKING_DIRECTORY whatever_dir
    COMMAND ${CMAKE_COMMAND} -G whatever_generator -D whatever_defines -D [...]
  )

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every