[CMake] statically linked executables

Oliver Dole odole at sand-labs.org
Mon Dec 3 06:11:26 EST 2007

2007/11/27, Daniel Rueckert <dr at doc.ic.ac.uk>:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to build some statically linked executables on a linux
> box. I have added the "-static" option to the linker flags and specified
> static link libraries but for some reason cmake still adds the option
> "-Wl,-Bdynamic" flag to the linker options. Is there any way around this?
>
> Thanks, Daniel
Hello,

I exactly face the same problem with cmake-2.4.6:
http://www.sand-labs.org/owb/ticket/160
But I assure that it perfectly worked with cmake-2.4.3. So is there a
regression between cmake-2.4.3 and cmake-2.4.6 or a new way to manage
static link that I have missed (and so my CMakeFiles are not valid
anymore)?

Regards

> --
> Daniel Rueckert, Ph.D.
> Department of Computing
> Imperial College London
> 180 Queens' Gate                         Tel: +44 20 7594 8333
> London SW7 2AZ                           Fax: +44 20 7581 8024
> mailto:D.Rueckert at imperial.ac.uk         http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~dr

Olivier DOLE