[CMake] PATH_SUFFIXES doesn't work on x86_64

Orion Poplawski orion at cora.nwra.com
Tue Oct 31 17:31:04 EST 2006

I would expect:

     find_library(
     OCTAVE_LIBRARIES
     octave
     PATH_SUFFIXES octave-2.9.9
     )

to find:

/usr/lib64/octave-2.9.9/liboctave.so

but it doesn't.  This is apparently because when the suffixes are added
to the search list in cmFindBase they are checked for existence before
the lib->lib64 mapping is done and since /usr/lib/octave-2.9.9 doesn't
exist, it doesn't add it to the search.  I'd vote for just removing the
existence check.  There's lots on non-existent directory searches
already.  What's a few more?

PS -

   Is there any way to do a text search of issues in the bug tracker?
I'd add this to it if I could check to see that it wasn't reported before.

--
Orion Poplawski
System Administrator                  303-415-9701 x222
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com