[CMake] CMake and portable dynamic library loading?

Christian Ehrlicher Ch.Ehrlicher at gmx.de
Tue Oct 17 03:52:47 EDT 2006

Von: "Alan W. Irwin" <irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca>

> > Andrey said:
> >> True for SIM.

> >> We switched from libltdl prior to using cmake, but Makefile.am for it
> was
> >> pretty simple:
> >>
> >> noinst_HEADERS = ltdl.h
> >> noinst_LTLIBRARIES = libltdl.la
> >> CLEANFILES = libltdl.la
> >> libltdl_la_SOURCES = ltdl.c
> >> libltdl_la_LIBADD = $(LIBADD_DL)
> >

> I now realize there has probably been misunderstanding of the "bare
> windows" term I have been using in this thread. To clarify, I define bare
> windows as a windows platform without a Cygwin or MinGW/MSYS environment.
> Originally, I got answers from Andrey and Alex in the affirmative that
> libltdl worked on bare windows, but they may have not understood what I
> meant by that term since they haven't said how you could build libltdl for
> that platform. For example, the above Makefile.am fragment from the SIM
> project is part of an autotools system for building libltdl, but autotools
> builds do not work for bare windows (as far as I know) so I don't see how
> SIM could ever use libltdl on bare windows.

SIM worked there like Alex said - with the help of ltdl_win.c and without the autoconf stuff. kdelibs3/4 also was never build with autoconf on windows and therefore you won't find any hints in kdelibs nor SIM how to use ltdl_win.c with autoconf. You maybe find some informations how to use ltdl_win.c with cmake - but I think simply adding this file to the sources was enough.

Christian