[CMake] CMake and portable dynamic library loading?

Alan W. Irwin irwin at beluga.phys.uvic.ca
Mon Oct 16 14:24:58 EDT 2006

On 2006-10-01 19:01+0200 Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Sun, 1 Oct 2006 13:00:23 +0600
> Von: Andrey Rahmatullin <wrar-alt at mail.ru>
> An: cmake at cmake.org
> Betreff: Re: [CMake] CMake and portable dynamic library loading?
>
>> On Sat, Sep 30, 2006 at 08:34:58AM -0700, Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>>> However, libltdl does not solve the issue of how to dynamically load
>>> plug-ins on windows systems.
>> SIM always used libltdl on all platforms without problems (until we
>> switched to QLibrary).
>
> The same for KDE.
> We are using now cmake and until some days ago libltdl, since some days we switched to QLibrary.
> We even created fake libtool-la files.

Hi Alex:

The PLplot windows developers are beginning to try libltdl now but they have
run into an issue which is it is available on Cygwin but doesn't seem to be
widely available in binary form on bare windows platforms.  The obvious
solution is to build it internally. When KDE used this library was that the
option chosen? If so, could you point me to the CMake files used to build
libltdl? That would save our project some time since I assume there are lots
of platform-dependent linking issues (since libltdl is simply a wrapper with
uniform API for whatever platform library is used to do dynamic loading).

Thanks in advance,

Alan
Alan W. Irwin

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project
(lbproject.sf.net).