[CMake] About CPack

Andy Cedilnik andy.cedilnik at kitware.com
Tue Oct 10 11:37:09 EDT 2006

Hello Alan,

A#1:

You can overwrite several aspects of NSIS installer. You can look in
CMake/Modules/NSIS.template.in. If you want to do something even more
complicated, you can even overwrite NSIS.template.in by placing a file
with that name in your Source tree and then when running cpack add
-DCMAKE_MODULES_PATH=path/to/NSIS.template.in file.

This brings us to:

A#2:

You can always run command line cpack:

cpack -G Generator --config CPackSource.cmake

where Generator is NSIS, ZIP, TGZ, ....

       Andy

alan.prat at bt.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have some question about how CPack works under windows.
>
> Firstly, how can I control NSIS with CPack to allow the choice of installing some sub packages ?
>
> Secondly, in the case of Visual Studio, I don't have the target for building the source package !
> How can I have the package for the sources ?
>
> Best,
> Alan
>

> Alan Prat  |  Ingénieur d'Etudes | Network & Technology Services | BT France | BT Global services | Tel : +33 (0)5 34 60 49 70 | Fax : +33(0)5 34 60 49 89 | Mail : alan.prat at bt.com | www.bt.com/globalservices
>
> Ce message électronique contient des informations confidentielles. Ces informations sont à l'usage des destinataires indiqués, personnes physiques ou morales. Si vous n'en êtes pas le destinataire, nous vous informons que toute divulgation, copie, diffusion ou toute autre utilisation de ces informations, est interdite. Si vous avez reçu ce message électronique par erreur, nous vous remercions d'en avertir BT Consulting & Systems Integration France immédiatement par téléphone au numéro indiqué ci-dessous ou de le signaler par retour à son expéditeur.
> BT C&SI France | Siège social : Tour Pascal A - 6 place des Degrés - 92045 Paris La Défense Cedex - France | tel. +33 (0) 1 58 13 85 00

Andy Cedilnik
Kitware Inc.