[CMake] SubDirs and Libraries

James Mansion james at wgold.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 5 01:17:42 EDT 2006

I think you need a dependency declaration too don't you?

I've seen VStudio 2k3 build out of order without.

># App/CMakeLists.txt
>ADD_EXECUTABLE(myexe ...)
>TARGET_LINK_LIBRARIES(myexe mylib)

It seems actually a little more complicated in practice
because you probably want mylib's headers (possibly including
configured ones) to be available to myexe's files too.

I've been looking at this too, with a view to an 'integrated'
build in a source structure like this, and optionally using
an installed mylib that's found by a module.

This is probably not rare - UNIX-like systems will typically
have libz installed, and Win32 systems will not, for example.

James