[CMake] Success with Compaq Visual Fortran - at least some!

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 3 09:49:03 EDT 2006

Arjen Markus wrote:
>>   SET(CMAKE_WINDOWS_OBJECT_PATH 1)
> While it worked with my small test project (single file, single language),
> it fails with PLplot: the setting gets in the way of the detailed tests on
> the capacities of the C compiler. I get error messages about the incorrect
> use of GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT that I have never seen before.

What is the actual error message?

> Is the setting cached for that particular compiler?

No, but it should be a per-language/per-compiler setting.  I don't have
time to look at this but if you grep in the CMake/Source directory for
CMAKE_WINDOWS_OBJECT_PATH you will see how it is used.  The code that
uses it needs to decide how to format the path name for each object file
when writing into the build.make file.  You may be able to patch this
code to make a per-language decision (CMAKE_CXX_WINDOWS_OBJECT_PATH,
CMAKE_Fortran_WINDOWS_OBJECT_PATH, ...).