[CMake] INSTALL( COMPONENT

Filipe Sousa filipe at ipb.pt
Mon Oct 2 11:35:43 EDT 2006

Hi!

I don't understand how COMPONENT works. From the INSTALL manual the
"COMPONENT argument specifies an installation component name with which
the install rule is associated, such as "runtime" or "development".
During component-specific installation only install rules associated
with the given component name will be executed.  During a full
installation all components are installed"

This expample is from CMake/Tests/SimpleInstall

INSTALL(TARGETS SimpleInstall test1 test2 test3
  RUNTIME DESTINATION MyTest/bin  COMPONENT Runtime     # .exe, .dll
  LIBRARY DESTINATION MyTest/lib  COMPONENT Runtime     # .so, mod.dll
  ARCHIVE DESTINATION MyTest/lib/static COMPONENT Development # .a, .lib
  )

How can I install only the runtime files? "make install" installs
everything.

--
Filipe Sousa