[CMake] Re: a ./configure shell script stub (William A. Hoffman)

Filipe Sousa filipe at ipb.pt
Wed May 31 08:58:59 EDT 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 07:20 PM 5/30/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
> Whether it is command.com or msys or cygwin, there are a number of developers on
> windows that will use the command line.   If we can provide a consistent interface across

I'm one of them :)

> unix and windows, without using shell all the better.  If a project wants to create
> a shell script that calls cmake, they can do that right now with no changes needed
> to cmake.

I've been using a configure perl script that call cmake. I have this
script compiled to configure.exe on windows. But I always use ccmake or
cmakesetup because there are options that are enabled depending on other
options and that can't be done in my scripts. I have these scripts for
those who are used to configure && make && make install.

--
Filipe Sousa