[CMake] Re: a ./configure shell script stub (William A. Hoffman)

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue May 30 09:09:41 EDT 2006

Hi,

> Von: William A. Hoffman <billlist at nycap.rr.com>
> to cmake configurable.  I think we all agree that avoiding
> cmake -DSOME_REALLY_LONG_CAP_NAME=/some/path is a good thing.
> The question now, is what is the best way to provide better,
> configurable options
> to cmake.   I think some file in the projects top level directory would
> not be a bad idea.  It would be easy to implement, (no extra pass that
> only parses.)
> It would be up to the project maintainer to make sure it was reflected
> in the
> variables of the project.  We could also have a default one that could
> be included to give a standard set of options like --prefix.

Yes, sounds good.

So it will be possible to map OPTION()'s and cmake cache variables to command line switches ?
like
MAP(CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX prefix)
and maybe some special switch to offer enable/disable<feature> ? Do OPTION()'s have to be handled differently than variables ?

Alex

--

Bis zu 70% Ihrer Onlinekosten sparen: GMX SmartSurfer!
      Kostenlos downloaden: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/smartsurfer