[CMake] CMake and it's invocation from MS VC7

Sylvain Benner benner at virtools.com
Wed May 17 06:13:00 EDT 2006

>> Does anyone else have the problem that Visual Studio will only detect a
>> modified project and prompt to reload it ONCE.  After that, you will not
>> get prompted again (even when you build ALL_BUILD or run cmake outside
>> of visual studio, or whatever.  Cmake is working correctly and is
>> rebuilding the project files, but VS is not prompting to reload it).
>>
>> Anyone else notice this problem with VS.Net 2003?  Anyone know how to
>> fix it?
>
> Yes. I also notice this, but having lived with it for some years, I just
> instinctively know that I need to 'close solution' and 'reopen solution'
> (because I've done a rebuild or a rerun of cmake etc etc)
>
> It seems to do it less with the most recent CMakes. Perhaps some subtle
> change has occurred, but you'll get used to it. Perhaps when I upgrade
> to 2005 the issue will disappear.
>
> JB

You are not compelled to close and reopen the entire solution.
In Tools-->Options-->Environment-->Keyboard set a shortcut for this 2
commands :
Project.ReloadProject
Project.UnloadProject
I'm used to set "Alt+shift+R" and  "Alt+shift+U"
Then you click on the project in the solution explorer windows and press
your shortcut, it should work.
I hope it will save you some time.

Sylvain Benner