[CMake] CMake and swig problem

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 24 08:39:26 EST 2006

Ian.Appru at ubs.com wrote:
> I have retried my swig build with a version of cmake downloaded
> yesterday
>
>>cmake --version
>>cmake version 2.3-20060222
>
> Problem still exists - the solaris lib is generated as MyJNI.so rather
> than libMyJNI.so.

If you're using SWIG_ADD_MODULE to create the library then the problem
is because that macro creates the library like this:

   ADD_LIBRARY(${SWIG_MODULE_${name}_REAL_NAME}
     MODULE
     ${swig_generated_sources}
     ${swig_other_sources})
   SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(${SWIG_MODULE_${name}_REAL_NAME}
     PROPERTIES PREFIX "")

The target property is changing the prefix from the default "lib" to "".
  I think this is the convention for loadable SWIG modules.  You can put
your own SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES command after the call to SWIG_ADD_MODULE
to change it back.

> On a side-note the bootstrap script fails due to ./Tests/CMakeTests dir
> not existing
> Root CMakeLists.txt has
> SUBDIRS(Source Modules Templates Utilities Tests/CMakeTests)
>
> Removing - Tests/CMakeTests got the build working

Did you do an update with the -d option?