[CMake] CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set

Martin Baumann mailsgetlost at web.de
Thu Feb 23 03:08:47 EST 2006

Hi,

I have installed CMake on a Onyx2 system. When I run cmake I get the error:

CMake Error: CMake was unable to find a build program corresponding to "Unix Makefiles".  CMAKE_MAKE_PROGRAM is not set.  You probably need to select a different build tool.
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_C_COMPILER
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_CXX_COMPILER
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Usual Gnu compiler should be used and is set on the machine (gcc and make seem to work correct).
Why are these variables not set by default? I installed cmake of different Linux distributions but I never  had to set
these parameters by hand.

Regards, M.B.