[CMake] CMakeifying Boost

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 16:05:44 EST 2006

Rodrigo Madera wrote:
> Brandon:
>
> I came to the conslusion that you don't know CMake.
That's an odd conclusion seeing as how I've gotten Chicken's CMake build
to work and I make regular bug reports here.  I may not have *mastered*
CMake, but I certainly know its capabilities and liabilities pre 2.3.
Also, I know Boost enough to know that it is hairy.

>  Take a look at it.
> You have various contradictions in your posts. Sometimes you say you
> don't have proper documentation, sometimes you master it, sometimes
> it's complex, and this might go on and on.

I think you don't realize the bugs I've filed, which the CMake guys have
then promptly fixed (very cool of them).  Hint: if I say such-and-such
and then someone says "ah, we're working on that," that means I actually
know what I'm talking about.

> If you don't like CMake, fine,
Do you realize I instigated the CMake-Promote list?

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every