[CMake] CMake CVS still has liblib problem

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 17:36:06 EST 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> Actually, I just tried it your way and it worked???
>
> PROJECT(foo)
> ADD_LIBRARY(libchicken foo.cxx)
> SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES PREFIX "")
On my version, I now realize I called SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES before
calling ADD_LIBRARY.  Is that an error?
I'm guessing uuh, yeah, suure dood it's an error.  Which IMO makes an
argument for type safety.  It's all a question of when you think types
should be brought into existence, and what you think should be inferred
about them.  Anyways it shows how variable names can be error prone.
Previously I was setting all my names in advance, then doing things with
the names... I put the PROPERTIES stuff in right after the names.

I changed the order and now it works.  Got rid of chicken_exe too; now I
can just call it "chicken".

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every