[CMake] liblib

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 14:23:12 EST 2006

William A. Hoffman wrote:
> At 01:32 PM 2/16/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>
>> target basis.  Can't do that in CMake 2.2.3.  I would also like to see the liblib problem fully eradicated.  It is embarrassing trying to explain that one to the Unix / Cygwin / MinGW crowd.
>>

> Did you try my suggestion about liblib?

Not yet.  Gotta contend with logistical issues like lunch.  :-)

> I am not sure there is still a problem.
> If you set the target property PREFIX to empty,
> then it will use the default system prefix.  I suppose we
> could add a feature that makes it PREFIX "EMPTY"  or some
> other keyword.

I have wondered if a global way to control this behavior for all
libraries is a good idea.  I mean, most people don't really want to type
stuff in for every single library they're building.  Of course you don't
want a global behavior to be inescapable; people still have to be able
to make local exceptions.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every