[CMake] CMake CVS still has liblib problem

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Thu Feb 16 08:29:37 EST 2006

At 02:53 AM 2/16/2006, Brandon J. Van Every wrote:
>I notice that in CMake CVS, statements like
>
>SET(CHICKEN_LIB_NAME libchicken)
>SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(libchicken PROPERTIES PREFIX "")
>
>still don't work.  I end up with things like liblibchicken.a.  That is too bad.  I don't know if anyone intended to work on this for CMake 2.3.  It would make CMake a lot less verbose when dealing with Unix vs. Windows library naming conventions.  As it stands, I have long-winded variable names for everything.  It reduces readability and probably looks less-than-elegant to people who aren't converted to CMake yet.

Have you tried the other way?

ADD_LIBRARY(chicken)
IF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)
  SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES(chicken PROPERTIES PREFIX "lib")
ENDIF(WIN32 AND NOT CYGWIN)

I think that setting PREFIX to "" is the same as not setting it.
The above did not work when I first tried the chicken stuff, but
I think it will work now.

-Bill