[CMake] CMake CVS MinGW generator fails

William A. Hoffman billlist at nycap.rr.com
Tue Feb 14 22:02:55 EST 2006

At 09:41 PM 2/14/2006, William A. Hoffman wrote:
>OK, so here is the problem:
>
>http://lists.trolltech.com/qt-interest/2006-01/thread00091-0.html
>
>If make finds sh.exe in your path, it will use it, and then
>"MinGW Makefiles" will not work.  If sh.exe is in your PATH, then
>you must use "MSYS Makefiles" or "Unix Makefiles".   I suppose I could
>put a check in for this, and if sh.exe is found and you try "MinGW Makefiles"
>cmake produces and error.

I have checked in a "fix".

If you try and create MinGW Makefiles with sh.exe in your PATH,
you now get a message, and no makefiles are produced.

Here is what it looks like:

$ ../../../CMake\ nmake/bin/cmake -G"MinGW Makefiles" ../COnly
sh.exe was found in your PATH, here:
C:/cygwin/bin/sh.exe
For MinGW make to work correctly sh.exe must NOT be in your path.
Run cmake from a shell that does not have sh.exe in your PATH.
If you want to use a UNIX shell, then use MSYS Makefiles.

-Bill