[CMake] CMake CVS MinGW generator fails

Brandon J. Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:33:40 EST 2006

I've built CMake 2.3-20060213 from CVS using VS7.1.  Installation looks
ok.  I am now trying to build Chicken using MinGW / MSYS.  After I
select "MinGW Makefiles" I get the following error:

The C compiler "e:/Dev-Cpp/bin/gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple
test program.
It fails with the following output:
"e:\Program Files\CMakeCVS\bin\cmake.exe"
-HE:\devel\mingw\chicken-2.216\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp
-BE:\devel\mingw\chicken-2.216\CMakeFiles\CMakeTmp --check-build-system
CMakeFiles\Makefile.cmake 0
CMake Error: The source directory
"E:develmingwchicken-2.216CMakeFilesCMakeTmp" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [cmake_check_build_system] Error -2

CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.

(Press Cancel to suppress any further messages.)

So, backwards slashes are being elided for mysterious reasons.  This
error does not occur when I generate "Unix Makefiles."

BTW, the error comes up in a dialog box that I cannot copy the text
from.  I had to transcribe all this by hand.  It would be nice if you
used error dialogs that users can copy the text from.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every