[CMake] position of INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES() significant ?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Sun Feb 12 13:55:07 EST 2006

So, if I understand correctly:
right now the following works (while not preferred/recommended):

add_executable (test main.cpp)
if (ZLIB_FOUND)
   include_directories(${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR})
   target_link_libraries(test ${ZLIB_LIBRARY})
endif (ZLIB_FOUND)

in the case that something might be done anywhen in the future, will it
look something like this:

add_executable (test main.cpp)
if (ZLIB_FOUND)
   target_include_directories(test ${ZLIB_INCLUDE_DIR})
   target_link_libraries(test ${ZLIB_LIBRARY})
endif (ZLIB_FOUND)

?

I.e. can the behaviour of include_directories() as it is now be kept and
the additional per-target settings just be added without changing the
current behaviour ?

Bye
Alex