[CMake] ctest return values

Wheeler, Frederick W (GE, Research) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Thu Feb 9 07:58:47 EST 2006

The old tclsh Dart had the following return values.  Does ctest use the same values?  I don't see anything about ctest return values on the man page or the cmake wiki.

# Dart status for continuous builds:
#   0:   source changed, submitted ok
#   1:   source did not change, no submission attempted
#   128: submission failed because ftp failed

For VXL continuous builds I use these return values in a sh script to determine whether a dependent GEVXL continuous build should be forced.  After the VXL build is done, the GEVXL build is run, but I force the GEVXL build to build/test/submit, even if no GEVXL source has changed, if the VXL continuous build actually ran and submitted.  The reason for this, is that even if no GEVXL source has changed, there may be a change in VXL that affects the GEVXL build/test.

Fred Wheeler