[Cmake] INSTALL_TARGETS command on Windows

Parag Chandra pchandra at radonc . unc . edu
Fri, 23 May 2003 15:48:28 -0400


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C32142.C14B1FB0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hi,

=20

I am trying to get the final output of my build targets (i.e. the .lib,
.exe, and .dll files) to be placed into a single directory under =
Windows. I
tried setting LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH to the =
folder I
want, and this seems to work, but I also seem to get a lot of the
intermediate files thrown in there as well. For example, building =
foo.exe
causes foo.exe, .ilk, .exp, .lib, and .pdb to all be put in that =
directory,
but I just want foo.exe to be there. I tried using the INSTALL_TARGETS
command in one of my CmakeLists files, but this doesn't seem to do =
anything
under Windows. I know this is possible, because ITK does it, but I don't
understand how it's doing it. Does anyone know the answer?

=20

Best regards,

-Parag Chandra


------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C32142.C14B1FB0
Content-Type: text/html;
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>

<head>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">


<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 10 (filtered)">

<style>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Hi,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I am trying to get the final output of my build =
targets
(i.e. the .lib, .exe, and .dll files) to be placed into a single =
directory
under Windows. I tried setting LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH and =
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH
to the folder I want, and this seems to work, but I also seem to get a =
lot of
the intermediate files thrown in there as well. For example, building =
foo.exe
causes foo.exe, .ilk, .exp, .lib, and .pdb to all be put in that =
directory, but
I just want foo.exe to be there. I tried using the INSTALL_TARGETS =
command in
one of my CmakeLists files, but this doesn&#8217;t seem to do anything =
under
Windows. I know this is possible, because ITK does it, but I don&#8217;t
understand how it&#8217;s doing it. Does anyone know the =
answer?</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>&nbsp;</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Best regards,</span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>-Parag Chandra</span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_0041_01C32142.C14B1FB0--