[Cmake] planning KDevelop support

Stefan Schmidt Stefan.Schmidt@sophia.inria.fr
Fri, 2 May 2003 16:15:52 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to achieve some integration of CMake in KDevelop.

My question: In what way do I need to modify CMake to give me a list of a=
ll=20
source files, say, for a given target, or for the whole project (includin=
g=20
subdirs)?=20

Is it better to create a new Makefile generator, derived from the Unix on=
e,=20
which additionally outputs such a list, or might it be better to create a=
 new=20
CMake Command (or modify one of the ADD_EXECUTABLE commands) for that?

Some background information:
In the upcoming Kdevelop 3, there's support for "Parts" that handle proje=
ct=20
management (there's already one for the autotools and one for qmake).=20
I imagine creating a Part like these which runs (a modified) CMake as the=
=20
configure step which creates this list. Then this list is used to form th=
e=20
project's file tree view.=20
Additionally, integrating the cache editing GUI in the Part is possible, =
too.

What do you think about this?

Kind regards,
Stefan