[Cmake] Dependencies when moving libraries

Stefan Schmidt Stefan . Schmidt at sophia . inria . fr
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:19:58 +0100


Hi,

Is there a way to tell CMake to "forget" where the libraries used are loc=
ated,=20
other than deleting entries from the Cache by hand?

In my case I have libraries that are either compiled as part of the proje=
ct or=20
linked externally (pre-built). The INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES and LINK_DIRECTORI=
ES=20
get always set accordingly, but appearently CMake remembers the location =
for=20
Libraries that were once built (with ADD_LIBRARY) in a cache entry like=20
this...
//Path to a library
EngineLib_CMAKE_PATH:INTERNAL=3D/0/sschmidt/test2/build6/linux/Code/Commo=
n/Lib2
=2E.. and incorrectly creates a dependency in my executable's Makefile...
Viewer_DEPEND_LIBS =3D=20
/0/sschmidt/test2/build6/linux/Code/Common/Lib2/libEngineLib.a
=2E.. which of course has disappeared from the project, but is available =
in the=20
LINK_DIRECTORIES.

When I delete the cache entry before re-running CMake, everything compile=
s=20
without problems.
Is CMake's behavior correct here and it's me who's wrong, or can I consid=
er=20
this a bug?

Thanks in advance,
Stefan