[Cmake] feature request - separate user and system cmake cache files

Tony Pan tpan at bmi . osu . edu
Tue, 11 Mar 2003 15:28:00 -0500


This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C2E7E2.CCC912F0
Content-Type: text/plain;
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I tried to configure vtk 4.2.1 using cmake 1.6.5.  I created
VTK421.cmake file, which just sets a bunch of name-value pairs for the
options I want.  The file is attached.  When I run "cmake -CVTK421.cmake
vtksrcdir", the generated CMakeCache.txt has only the default values
from CMakeLists.txt.

I tried "cmake -DVTK_USE_HYBRID:BOOL=3DON".  This works, the syntax is
different than what you quoted.  The user's guide has the correct
syntax, as above.  This is why I had trouble earlier.  The command line
is going to be pretty long....

Thanks for your help.

Tony





-----Original Message-----
From: Ken Martin [mailto:ken . martin at kitware . com]=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 2:19 PM
To: tpan at bmi . osu . edu; cmake at public . kitware . com
Subject: RE: [Cmake] feature request - separate user and system cmake
cache files


Hey Tony,

Please provide an example of a value that does not work. As far as I
know either =96C or -D should work. In fact I use both so I know for the
values I=92m setting they work fine. I would like to fix any problems =
that
exist with these approaches.

Thanks
Ken

> I tried the solutions you suggested.=A0 The -C and -D approaches do =
not
work for me in that the=20
> values get overridden during the cmake configure process.




------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C2E7E2.CCC912F0
Content-Type: application/octet-stream;
	name="VTK421.cmake"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="VTK421.cmake"

#Build VTK examples.=0A=
SET(BUILD_EXAMPLES ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build VTK with shared libraries.=0A=
SET(BUILD_SHARED_LIBS ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build the testing tree.=0A=
SET(BUILD_TESTING ON)=0A=
=0A=
#For backwards compatibility, what version of CMake commands and=0A=
# syntax should this version of CMake allow.=0A=
SET(CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY 1.6)=0A=
=0A=
#Use the ANSI standard iostream library.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_ANSI_STDLIB ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build the vtkHybrid kit.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_HYBRID ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build the vtkParallel kit.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_PARALLEL ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build the vtkPatented kit.  These classes are patented and may=0A=
# require a license to use.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_PATENTED ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build the vtkRendering kit.  Needed for displaying data.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_RENDERING ON)=0A=
=0A=
#Build VTK with VolumePro support.=0A=
SET(VTK_USE_VOLUMEPRO OFF)=0A=
=0A=
#Wrap VTK classes into the Java language.=0A=
SET(VTK_WRAP_JAVA OFF)=0A=
=0A=
#Wrap VTK classes into the Python language.=0A=
SET(VTK_WRAP_PYTHON OFF)=0A=
=0A=
#Wrap VTK classes into the TCL language.=0A=
SET(VTK_WRAP_TCL OFF)=0A=
=0A=

------=_NextPart_000_0036_01C2E7E2.CCC912F0--