[Cmake] feature request - separate user and system cmake cache files
Tony Pan
tpan at bmi . osu . edu
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 14:35:02 -0500
This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2E712.3C0DA530
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
I apologize if this has already been brought up. I think it would be
helpful if the CMakeCache.txt file can be split into a user file and a
system file. The motivation for the request is that I have been setting
up several build environments, and typing in the same stuff over and
over is getting old very quickly. It'd be nice if I can just copy the
user config file, make a few modifications, and then rerun cmake to
regenerate the system configs. This would be useful for setting up
testing environments. In addition, having separate cache files would
make updating src code to new versions easier and less prone to dirty
cache, as I'd only need to blow away the system cache.
Thanks.
Tony
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2E712.3C0DA530
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<TITLE>Message</TITLE>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.2800.1141" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D883432219-10032003><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I =
apologize if this=20
has already been brought up. I think it would be helpful if the=20
CMakeCache.txt file can be split into a user file and a system =
file. =20
The motivation for the request is that I have been setting up =
several build=20
environments, and typing in the same stuff over and over is getting old =
very=20
quickly. It'd be nice if I can just copy the user config file, =
make a few=20
modifications, and then rerun cmake to regenerate the system =
configs. This=20
would be useful for setting up testing environments. In addition, =
having=20
separate cache files would make updating src code to new versions easier =
and=20
less prone to dirty cache, as I'd only need to blow away the system=20
cache.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D883432219-10032003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D883432219-10032003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Thanks.</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D883432219-10032003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2></FONT></SPAN> </DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3D883432219-10032003><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>Tony</FONT> </SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>
------=_NextPart_000_001C_01C2E712.3C0DA530--