[Cmake] CMake, first steps
Andy Cedilnik
andy . cedilnik at kitware . com
23 Jul 2003 13:40:17 -0400
Hi Otto,
The initial thing is that you press configure until Ok appears. This
depending on CMakeLists files can be once, or ten times.
If you change binary directory to one that already contains
CMakeCache.txt, or if you change source directory to something else than
what binary was created, you will get the error message.
Andy
On Wed, 2003-07-23 at 13:26, Otto Wyss wrote:
> Since I'd like to use CMake for generating makefiles on Linux I first
> tried to use it on Windows and see if it's able to create the project
> files for VC++. I downloaded CMake for Win32, installed it and run the
> CMakeSetup. CMakeSetup request me to enter a source and binary directory
> but not a project directory!? Well I choose to enter the project
> directory as source and binary and CMake seems to be happy.
>
> After that I pressed "Configure" since "OK" was still disabled. Three
> lines come up "CMAKE_BACKWARDS_COMPATIBILITY", "EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH"
> and "LIBRARY_OUTPUT_PATH". Since I couldn't figure out what to enter I
> choose to use the project directory again.
>
> "OK" is still disabled, so I pressed "Configure" again. Now comes up an
> error message
>
> CMake Error: Error: source: C:/Devel/wxGuide/filer/CMakeLists.txt
> Does not match source used to generate cache...
> Re-run CMake with a different source directory.
>
> What does this mean? What can I do to go forward to enter the files,
> etc.? I have the usual project directory where CMakeLists.txt and the
> project files should be located.