[Cmake] Problems with XP

John Biddiscombe john.biddiscombe@mirada-solutions.com
Mon, 3 Feb 2003 17:43:16 -0000


Hi all,

I tried installing cmake binary using the self installing cmake1.6
installer from cmake.org earlier today. It installed fine, but when
running it on an XP machine to generate project files for our internal
code, it reported an error and said that the version of cmake was
incorrect and to rerun it in another source dir.

I installed patch #1 and retried. Same error.

I removed cmake and installed from the zip, same error

I built cmake from cvs (about 3 or 4 days old copy) on another machine
(win2K) copied the binaries across and reran it. Same error.

I'm new to XP, but should know about cmake.

What am I missing? My apologies - I cannot recall the exact error
message as it was run on a colleagues machine and he's gone home.

It works fine on my win-2K machine. Any hints welcome.

Thanks

JB