[Vxl-users] Re: [Cmake] VXL/cmake cygwin build: link line -l option order

Wheeler, Fred (Research) wheeler at crd.ge.com
Fri May 10 10:37:20 EDT 2002


Amitha,

I've been using the CVS sources from 3 days ago.  I just updated to today's CVS source.  If I'm still
having the problem I'll back off the 1.2 or LatestRelease, as you suggest.

Can you confirm that the latest CVS version of cmake does eliminate duplicate "-l" options?  It sure
seemed to me to be doing that, but I am not 100% sure.

Thanks,
Fred

-----Original Message-----
From: Amitha Perera [mailto:perera at cs.rpi.edu]
Sent: Friday, May 10, 2002 10:33 AM
To: Wheeler, Fred (Research)
Cc: 'cmake at public.kitware.com'; vxl-users at lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: [Vxl-users] Re: [Cmake] VXL/cmake cygwin build: link line -l
option order


Fred,

Which version of CMake are you using? The latest release (version 1.2,
I think) does not go any link line compression.

The next release, version 1.4, will do more than that: it'll do full
dependency analysis, but needs to be given additional information
about library dependencies. I'll look into this now.

As an immediate fix, you could use the latest release, by
updating your CMake sources thus:
   cvs update -r LatestRelease -Pd

Amitha.

_______________________________________________________________

Have big pipes? SourceForge.net is looking for download mirrors. We supply
the hardware. You get the recognition. Email Us: bandwidth at sourceforge.net
_______________________________________________
Vxl-users mailing list
Vxl-users at lists.sourceforge.net
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/vxl-users



More information about the CMake mailing list