[Cmake] installation problems

Zoran Djuric zoran.djuric at materials.oxford.ac.uk
Thu May 2 08:55:45 EDT 2002


Dear Sir 

I'm trying to install cmake on my Alpha DEC machine, using Alpha DEC C++ 
compiler.

1) after setting CXX variable by 
setenv CXX cxx 

(cxx calls C++ compiler) and running a configure script, I've got the
following messages.

from config.log:
================

This file contains any messages produced by compilers while
running configure, to aid debugging if configure makes a mistake.

configure:537: checking for gcc
configure:567: checking for cc
configure:650: checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works
configure:666: cc -o conftest    conftest.c  1>&5
configure:692: checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a
cross-compiler
configure:697: checking whether we are using GNU C
configure:706: cc -E conftest.c
configure:725: checking whether cc accepts -g
configure:761: checking for c++
configure:793: checking whether the C++ compiler (cxx  ) works
configure:809: cxx -o conftest    conftest.C  1>&5
configure:835: checking whether the C++ compiler (cxx  ) is a
cross-compiler
configure:840: checking whether we are using GNU C++
configure:849: cxx -E conftest.C
configure:868: checking whether cxx accepts -g
configure:910: checking system version (for dynamic loading)
configure:965: checking ansi standard C++ stream headers 
configure:984: checking ansi standard namespace support 
configure:1004: checking ansi for scope support 
configure:1026: checking for gmake
configure:1026: checking for make



and ./configure produced:
=========================

creating cache ./config.cache
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for c++... cxx
checking whether the C++ compiler (cxx  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (cxx  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... no
checking whether cxx accepts -g... yes
checking system version (for dynamic loading)... OSF1-V5.1
checking ansi standard C++ stream headers ... yes
checking ansi standard namespace support ... yes
checking ansi for scope support ... no
checking for gmake... no
checking for make... /sbin/make
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Source/InitialConfigureFlags.cmake
creating Makefile
creating Source/Makefile
creating Source/cmConfigure.h
cd Source; make
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmake.cxx -o cmake.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmakewizard.cxx -o cmakewizard.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmakemain.cxx -o cmakemain.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmMakeDepend.cxx -o cmMakeDepend.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmMakefile.cxx -o cmMakefile.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmMakefileGenerator.cxx -o
cmMakefileGenerator.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmRegularExpression.cxx -o
cmRegularExpression.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmSourceFile.cxx -o cmSourceFile.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmSystemTools.cxx -o cmSystemTools.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmDirectory.cxx -o cmDirectory.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmUnixMakefileGenerator.cxx -o
cmUnixMakefileGenerator.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmCommands.cxx -o cmCommands.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmTarget.cxx -o cmTarget.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmCustomCommand.cxx -o
cmCustomCommand.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmCacheManager.cxx -o
cmCacheManager.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmCableClassSet.cxx -o
cmCableClassSet.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmListFileCache.cxx -o
cmListFileCache.o
cxx -DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source -c cmSourceGroup.cxx -o cmSourceGroup.o
cxx cmake.o   cmakewizard.o   cmakemain.o  cmMakeDepend.o  cmMakefile.o 
cmMakefileGenerator.o  cmRegularExpression.o  cmSourceFile.o 
cmSystemTools.o  cmDirectory.o  cmUnixMakefileGenerator.o  cmCommands.o 
cmTarget.o  cmCustomCommand.o  cmCacheManager.o  cmCableClassSet.o 
cmListFileCache.o  cmSourceGroup.o
-DCMAKE_ROOT_DIR='"/people/local/CMake-1.2"' -g -DCMAKE_HAS_AUTOCONF
-I/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source  -o cmake
running cd /people/local/CMake-1.2;
/people/local/CMake-1.2/Templates/configure
sh: /people/local/CMake-1.2/Templates/configure: cannot execute
CMake Error: error can not open file
/people/local/CMake-1.2/CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
CMake Error: error can not open file
/people/local/CMake-1.2/CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/Makefile
cmake: creating :
/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/CursesDialog/form/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/CursesDialog/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Modules/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Templates/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Utilities/Makefile
cmake: creating : /people/local/CMake-1.2/Utilities/Doxygen/Makefile
Building depend in directory /people/local/CMake-1.2/Source
Building depend in directory
/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/CursesDialog/form
/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/cmake
-S/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/CursesDialog/form
-O/people/local/CMake-1.2/Source/CursesDialog/form
-H/people/local/CMake-1.2 -B/people/local/CMake-1.2
CMake Error: error can not open file
/people/local/CMake-1.2/CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
CMake Error: error can not open file
/people/local/CMake-1.2/CMakeSystemConfig.cmake
*** Exit 255
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
*** Exit 1
Stop.
# 




2) I also tried to use binaries for Alpha DEC but couldn't manage - 
the error reported is:

cannot find a library libstdc++.so

(I suppose 'a static library' which doesn't exist on my system)

Could you please advise me how to successfully install cmake program.

Many thanks

Dr Zoran Djuric
Department of Materials, Oxford University



More information about the CMake mailing list