[Cmake] cmVTKWrapTclCommand : the VTK Tk Widgets problem/suggestion

Sebastien BARRE sebastien at barre.nom.fr
Thu May 24 15:03:21 EDT 2001

At 22/05/2001 16:18, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>At 13/05/2001 03:05, Sebastien BARRE wrote:
>
>No answers, then I'll implement this one :
>
>>   VTK_WRAP_TCL(vtkRenderingTCL
>>                SOURCES
>>                RenderingTCL_SRCS
>>                Rendering_SRCS
>>                RenderingOpenGL_SRCS
>>                COMMANDS
>>                vtkTkRenderWidget
>>                vtkTkImageViewerWidget
>>                vtkTkImageWindowWidget)

Done. Committed. And working.

Right now, the new VTK tree is building fine with all Tk widgets. The Tcl
part has been tested. I've added two examples in Rendering/Examples, that
mimic Mace.cxx, with the new "package require vtktcl" feature. One is a
pure Tcl translation of Mace.cxx, the other uses the Tk widget and adds
some sliders to twick the parameters of the VTK objects.

Have fun.

BTW : cmVTKWrapTclCommand had a "capitalized" function that looked a bit
"unportable" to me (it was using hardcoded ascii code directly to perform
the translation). I've moved that function to cmSystemTools::Capitalized
and it uses tolower() and toupper() now.