[cmake-developers] Controlling CMake GUI source/build directory from CLI

Kyle Edwards kyle.edwards at kitware.com
Fri Jan 25 17:48:35 EST 2019

On Fri, 2019-01-25 at 14:06 -0800, Venedict Tchistopolskii wrote:
> Could you clarify on saving the build-directory section?
>
> I'm not sure how it knows which cache or build directory to load. In
> my setup here the issue I noted applies even if build directory is
> generated on both projects/etc.
>
> VT
As a convenience, cmake-gui uses a QSettings object to store the last
few build directories that it configured. These directories are
populated in the build directory dropdown menu.
The source directories are not stored in QSettings at all, but instead
extracted from the build directories. If the build directory hasn't
been configured, then CMake has no way of knowing what source directory
to pick.
Kyle