[cmake-developers] Compiling static/stand-alone CMake.exe

Venedict Tchistopolskii venytch at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 11:42:04 EST 2019

Hey there!

*Current toolchain file for compiling CMake using CMake (on WIndows):*
SET(CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME Windows)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PROGRAM NEVER)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_LIBRARY ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_INCLUDE ONLY)
set(CMAKE_FIND_ROOT_PATH_MODE_PACKAGE ONLY)
set(CMAKE_TRY_COMPILE_TARGET_TYPE STATIC_LIBRARY)

*Unfortunately this konks out with:*
CMake Error: The following variables are used in this project, but they are
set to NOTFOUND.
Please set them or make sure they are set and tested correctly in the CMake
files:
LIBMD_LIBRARY
    linked by target "cmTC_356fd" in directory
D:/GitHub/custom_cmake/solutions_cmake/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp

*Trying to do so because building CMake without toolchain gives me the
below; After I move cmake.exe to another directory:*
CMake Error: Could not find CMAKE_ROOT !!!
CMake has most likely not been installed correctly.
Modules directory not found in

Usage

  cmake [options] <path-to-source>
  cmake [options] <path-to-existing-build>
  cmake [options] -S <path-to-source> -B <path-to-build>

Specify a source directory to (re-)generate a build system for it in the
current working directory.  Specify an existing build directory to
re-generate its build system.

Run 'cmake --help' for more information.

*Please advise!!*

*VT*